DELIGHTFUL SWEDISH XMAS TOFFEE RECIPE
It's time for another Swedish Xmas recipe! Knäck (Swedish Christmas toffee) is a Christmas classic in Sweden and is the perfect sweet snack to have around the house during the holidays.
SWEDISH CHRISTMAS TOFFEE
Knäck from last Christmas. Don't worry if some of them get filled too much/too little or if some fall over. The imperfections are part of the charm!
MAKES: approx 75 mini baking cups
1 cup of heavy whipping cream
1 cup of sugar
1 cup of light cane or maple leaf syrup
1/2 cup finely chopped almonds
Knäckformar if you’re in Sweden. If not, get mini paper baking cups
1 large glass bowl (should be heat proof)
1 small bowl/cup
1 pot - only if you are using stove instead of microwave
Parchment paper - optional, but does make it less messy (easier to clean up)
1. Mix the heavy whipping cream, sugar and syrup in the bowl.
2. Heat the mixture in the microwave or on the stovetop while stirring every couple of minutes.
3. As the mixture gets thicker, pour tiny amounts into a bowl of cold water and taste. It should be firm but not hard when ready.
4. Add finely chopped almonds to the mix and distribute into mini paper cups.
5. Let the knäck settle until they turn solid, or place in the fridge for 15 min to speed it up.
6. Take them out of the fridge and pass around for all to enjoy!